Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Great ...........

Sometimes I receive an email that I just have to share (not often, mind you as most are the usual "chain" types which I hate, or just "too" cute). This one definitely appealed to my sense of haha though, so here goes:

Women Who Know Thier Place:

Barbara Walters of Television's 20/20 did a story on gender roles in Kabul, Afghanistan, several years before the Afghan conflict. She noted that women customarily walked 5 paces behind their husbands.

She recently returned to Kabul and observed that women still walk behind their husbands. From Ms. Walter's vantage point, despite the overthrow of the oppressive Taliban regime, the women now seem to walk even further back behind their husbands and are happy to maintain the old custom.

Ms. Walters approached one of the Afghani women and asked, "Why do you now seem happy with the old custom that you once tried so desperately to change?" The woman looked Ms. Walters straight in the eyes, and without hesitation said, "Land mines."

MORAL OF THE STORY: BEHIND EVERY MAN IS A SMART WOMAN

Most of you have probably already seen this one, but I just had to post it. It will be my safety net, for those days when I am feeling particularly furious about some stupid remark I've received from a man with the mind of a Neanderthal. I will come here and smile, knowing that we ladies have a secret. We aren't as stupid as some of you "real men" like to think we are, morons, and if your belligerent, macho egos gets your asses blasted off, figuratively or literally, no great loss.

Peace,
Fiona

2 comments:

Me said...

ROTFLMAO!
That is downright hifrigginglarious.

fjb said...

Yup, I got one of those Neanderthal's sitting right behind me at work, and if I hear a remark like "sexy little bitch" one more time, he may get my phone up the side of the head. To hell with the human resources department, I'm dealing with this asshole myself.

It's not just in the so-called third world these creatures exist, and to be honest, I'm sure there are men here in N.A. who secretly evny the Taleban. I'm sure they'd love to be able to "put us in our place".