Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Find Your Way Home......

This is my home. This is my hope for us all.

My thanks to all who stand up and say "Enough!", specially those like this young woman. I just forced my 16 year old to read what she and others had done, and I believe for a split second he understood the meaning of courage and free will. I don't know what will come of their efforts, but they have my undying gratitude for showing me that there's hope.

"The gunmen want to destroy the culture of our fathers and grandfathers," said a 16-year-old girl, who gave her name only as Hahla. "We will not allow them to do this."

"I'm saying it's enough killing, enough! What are they fighting for? They're fighting over this broken chair, and neither side deserves this broken chair. If neither side can solve their problems, let them go to hell!"



"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it's the only thing that ever has." Margaret Mead

Peace,
Fiona

No comments: