Sunday, December 28, 2008

Palestinian Strength and Spirit - Indestructable.....

Sixty years ago, Palestinians were herded like cattle, with little or no notice out of their homes and off their land, being forced to submit by a new Israel and the global community who supported it. Since that time they have been ignored and forgotten by the world other than to be portrayed as terrorists. Mainstream media tells only the partial story with every bias leaning favorably toward Israel, and the reasons are obvious. You'd have to be dead or have your head firmly wedged up your ass not to know why.

I have posted repeatedly about the disgraceful indignities and human rights abuses suffered by these people on a daily basis, complete with links to the stories. I'm disgusted with the lack of response by all of you who have chosen to ignore the plight of the Palestinian people for these many years and not speak up publicly against it. Shame on you all. This is not representative of your war on terrorism, it is your active participation in being a terrorist. You have as much global social conscience as Bin Laden and history might just serve you exactly what you deserve, as it will us all.

Here are a few typical reader comments from Ha'aretz News if you really don't know what is fueling this atrocity:
Ein Efes. This must be done thoroughly!
Name: Efroim
City: Washington DC State:
Dont stop now. We are NOT finished. Find more targets and hit them. The monsters are in hiding now as usual. Palis are not able to run their own state. Let them move to another place. The world doesnt really need a place called Gaza.

Title: Texas is with Israel! Destroy them!
Name: Dennis Jules
City: Houston State: Texas

Title: Finish them off!
Name: Jake
City: Baltimore State:
I`m sick of Hammas. Finish them off already! Turm Gaza into a parking lot and send them to Egypt

This is the first poem I memorized as a child. It's by the Lutheran Pastor Martin Niemoller, a survivor of Dachau and Sachsenhausen concentration camps. As you read it, I suggest you think long and hard about it.
When the Nazis came for the communists,
I remained silent;
I was not a communist.

When they locked up the social democrats,
I remained silent;
I was not a social democrat.

When they came for the trade unionists,
I did not speak out;
I was not a trade unionist.

When they came for the Jews,
I remained silent;
I was not a Jew.

When they came for me,
there was no one left to speak out.


No comments: