Sunday, March 22, 2009

This Idiotic Ban Shames Canada....

Canada bans outspoken British MP
Here's a quote from the above article, made by our Immigration Minister:
"In this case, I believe folks that are supporting and promoting and helping terrorist organizations are not needed to visit Canada."


More links to this story:

The Ottawa Citizen:Banned Brit hurls insults at Canada’s immigration minister

Globe and Mail:Kenney bunk

The Toronto Star:Banning British MP a clumsy, dangerous move

The Toronto Star:Silly ban on British MP

AFP:Canada bars Galloway over Hamas support

The New York Times:Canada: Antiwar British Lawmaker Is Barred

BBC:MP Galloway to fight Canada ban

So, if the asshole believes that Mr. Galloway is a national security threat, and shouldn't be allowed to visit Canada, I wonder what sort of grief I'm in for.

This sham shames Canada indeed, and is more evidence of which lobbyists in Ottawa really control the politicians and our foreign policy in this so-called democratic nation of ours. Free speech is dead. With this sort of bullshit becoming an everyday occurrence in my once proud "true north strong and free" I'm beginning to wonder how long it will be before they try to come after me and any other blogger who dares to oppose Israeli policy regarding Palestine.

This is how the pro-Israel lobby is going to try and attack us, is it. Rather than coming after us individually and taking down our blogs or calling us anti-semitic, islamofacists, or self-hating Jews, among other things, they're going to try to use our government to shut us up and shut us down.

I will continue to support the people of Palestine and I will continue to be an anti-war activist no matter how the bastards try to shut me down. One way or another, my voice will not be silenced.

1 comment:

Chet said...

If your from Canada or the USA the Israeli Lobbyists will not shut us down. It is a shame that a Countries like Canada and the US have to bow down to such crap. This just makes my will stronger to fight on for what is right. I too will continue my support for the people of Palestine. Enough BS from them. Keep up the good work.