Friday, February 16, 2007

Oh, Oh Moment.......

I sat in pure panic this morning after doing a driver update on my computer. On reboot I was staring a big ol' BSOD (Blue Screen of Death, for the unintiated - bad, very bad). I then rebooted in "Safe Mode", and it happened again. It took about 30 seconds to remember that I've been in training for the last three weeks, as a Mircosoft Help Desk Support Techinician. Duh.......

"Okay, moron," I said to myself, "here's your first disaster recovery test in real life, and it's your machine so you'd better make it good." After an hour and a half, and re-doing all necessary updates for the last week, apparently I'm back in business. Phew.

4 comments:

azgoddess said...

clap clap clap -- good for you!!! now remember never do a driver update unless it comes from microsoft...

and oh, this is why i own a mac!!

Spadoman said...

Yep, AZ is right. Macs rule!

Gald you're up and running.

fjb said...

Sadly enough the damn update did come from Microsoft. Lesson learned: If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Hopefully I'll feel a little more self confident next week when I'm taking calls for Vista, after this mess.

As for a Mac, I went to the Apple site a while back and put what I wanted together. The price tag came in at over $5000, so I'm socking away the pennies whenever I can. Shhhhh, don't let my employer's know.;)

Spadoman said...

I'm sold on Mac. no virus, less spam. simple and easy. I don't do a business, so, I don't need a lot, but I have large picture files, music files and movie editing software allbuilt in with updates for life. And I seem to know how to get through it.

Good luck saving your pennies.

Peace