Friday, November 07, 2008

Dear President-elect Barack Obama.....

An open letter to President-Elect Obama from a father who hasn't given up.
I don't know if you will read these words or not, but I do hope that such words that come from my heart will reach yours, and you can find the hope and strength our people still have in them. I do hope that you will fulfill your promise of change, that your daughters will remain proud of their father and his achievements. Right is right, and justice is justice. All people are equal, and no race or color is superior above the others

His hope remains alive. I don't know how, but it does.

2 comments:

The Future Was Yesterday said...

"His hope remains alive. I don't know how, but it does."
I'm going to get creamed around town for saying this, but it's my feelings at the moment.

The one major thing that keeps me from jumping aboard his bandwagon, is a fear that he's exploiting our desperate hope for survival, just like Bush does fear.

Having said that, I am NOT adverse to changing should he show proof I'm wrong.

fjb said...

LOL! My sentiments exactly, though I'm willing to let myself trust this politician just a tiny bit at this moment to put his money where his mouth is. There's nothing wrong with hope, but my attitude toward anyone involved in politics of any sort: Show me. Don't just tell me what you think I want to hear to get elected, prove to me you're worthy of my trust.